Re: Content negotiation

Kee Hinckley (nazgul@utopia.com)
Fri, 10 Nov 1995 02:43:52 -0400

At 2:37 PM 11/8/95, Terry Allen wrote:
>| Version 1.22 of Mozilla under Windows uses the same HTML extensions on yo=
ur
>| machine as it does on mine.
>
>That's an argument that the extensions are the same (not "standard")
>across the same version of a browser, not all versions of it. If you
>wanted to do content negotiation re user-agent, you have to keep track
>of the Windows, the Unix(es), the Mac versions of each release. They
>may well not work the same despite the common number.

I should be more clear. When I said "version", I included platform. In
fact one of my pet peeves with User-Agent fields is that too many browsers
neglect to mention the platform.

Kee Hinckley Utopia Inc. - Cyberspace Architects=81 617.768.5500
nazgul@utopia.com http://www.utopia.com/

everyone else's.