- PUT and POST have been in HTTP/1.0 for a long time although largely
unnused. (The latest Internet draft (12-May-95)  however refers
to "current implementations of the POST and PUT methods" (7.2) - where
- The current implementations I am aware of are the "intelligent
publishing environment" from Georgia Inst. of Technology  and
the Symposia editor/browser  from Grif and INRIA.
- a method for file upload does not yet seem to be agreed upon although
there is a draft proposal  from Nebel, Masinter at Xerox.
(Several questions over the past few months on www-talk on this).
- the CERN server supports PUT/POST via external scripts (this is used
by Symposia). Symposia documentation implies that more complete
support in the CERN/W3O server is on its way .
And some questions:
- are there any browsers supporting file upload and PUT (aside from
- are there any servers with generic PUT and POST support other than
- when can we hope to see broad support from clients/servers?
- is forms-based file upload a prerequesite for remote publishing using
current Web browsers?
Thanks in advance,
 Pitkow, Jones