Re: MetaMAP patents (was Re: Hot Java is here! And it *rocks*)

Joe English (jenglish@crl.com)
Thu, 30 Mar 1995 11:25:07 +0500

connolly@w3.org (Dan Connolly) wrote:

> Joe English writes:
> > And the validity of the patent makes it completely
> > unsuitable for Web-based imagemaps: this technology
> > has zero chance of being selected for standardization
> > by the IETF or W3O because of the patent.
>
> Joe: please be careful about speaking for the IETF or the W3 Consortium.
> The IETF does not reject all patented technology.

Oops! Sorry.

To clarify: I am in no way affiliated with any standards body,
and my opinion concerning the MetaMAP technology
is based solely on personal observation and conjecture.

--Joe English

jenglish@crl.com