Re: Forms, mailto-URLs, and The Right Thing

John Ellson (ellson@hotair.att.com)
Sun, 2 Apr 1995 10:33:04 +0500

> Date: Fri, 27 Jan 1995 18:50:17 +0100
> From: Rob Hartill <hotsand!ooo.lanl.gov!hartill>
> To: Multiple recipients of list <www-talk@www0.cern.ch>
> Subject: Re: Forms, mailto-URLs, and The Right Thing

> Netscape users click on the link, add a subject line (shame this can't
> be automated via the mailto URL),

I'd like to second this thought about subjects in mailto URLs.

I run a number of mailing lists using Procmail/Smartmail and it would
be really useful to be able to add "subscribe" and "unsubscribe"
buttons to a HyperMail archive page for these lists.

Could the QUERY_STRING be used in mailto such that the url would
look something like:

mailto:list-request@machine.com?subscribe

John Ellson
AT&T Bell Labs