Re: Location versus URI

Simon E Spero (ses@tipper.oit.unc.edu)
Thu, 25 Aug 94 00:21:25 -0400

robm@neon.mcom.com (Rob McCool) writes:

>get someone from CERN to put Location back in at least as a
>depreciated form of URI, the specification still has no mention of
>Location.

I think it's time to thing about bringing HTTP some cocoa and putting it to
bed. I've argued before that HTTP has severe enough problems in its basic
design model to make it unsuitable as a basis for serious future development-
it might be better to just document the protocol as it's actually implemented
(using the usual criteria of two independent implementations) and documenting
that much simpler protocol as the real HTTP.

>And so we see that no good deed goes unpunished.

Yeah, but at least you got rewarded for all the bad ones :-)

Simon // 121 transactions per second, 0.15 seconds averarge response time
// MDMA - Servers with a Smile