Re: Caching Servers Considered Harmful (was: Re: Finger URL)

Sarr Blumson (sarr@citi.umich.edu)
Mon, 22 Aug 1994 14:55:33 -0400

Daniel W. Connolly says:
In message <Pine.3.85.9408221141.A462-0100000@enews>, "Rob Raisch, The Intern
et
Company" writes:

> Further, I have no idea of the number of
>consumers who view my content through your cache or what they view, how
>and when.

Do you have a right to know this? There was a lot of talk at the WWW
conference in Geneva about a "Bill of Rights" for the information age.
This is an interesting issue to add to the list.

In the sense that he has a right to be paid for each one, yes, he has a right
to know the number.

--------
Sarr Blumson sarr@citi.umich.edu
voice: +1 313 764 0253 FAX: +1 313 763 4434
CITI, University of Michigan, 519 W William, Ann Arbor, MI 48103-4943