Re: What's New Page

Daniel W. Connolly (connolly@hal.com)
Tue, 12 Jul 1994 09:58:12 -0500

In message <9407121413.AA15063@colette.ogsm.vanderbilt.edu>, Donna Hoffman writ
es:
>Does anybody know why the What's New Page on Mosaic hasn't been updated in alm
>almost two weeks?
>
>What's going on?

Short answer: I don't know. Ask the folks at <whats-new@ncsa.uiuc.edu>

Long answer:

You did not mention in your request any attempt to contact the
maintainers. If you did in fact make an effort to contact them and it
failed, fine. In the future, I suggest you mention things like that
in your requests. Those who do their homework are generally given the
benefit of the doubt.

If, on the other hand, your first impulse was to broadcast this
problem to www-talk, I have to take issue with that.

PLEASE DO NOT SEND MOSAIC CUSTOMER SUPPORT REQUESTS TO WWW-TALK!
PLEASE DO NOT SEND MOSAIC CUSTOMER SUPPORT REQUESTS TO WWW-TALK!
PLEASE DO NOT SEND MOSAIC CUSTOMER SUPPORT REQUESTS TO WWW-TALK!
PLEASE DO NOT SEND MOSAIC CUSTOMER SUPPORT REQUESTS TO WWW-TALK!

To the list maintainers: can we install a filter that bounces
all messages containing the word "Mosaic" with the following message:

Your message to www-talk contained the word "Mosaic."

www-talk is for the discussion of technical topics related
to the development of the World-Wide Web architecture and its
applications.

It is not a forum for Mosaic technical support questions.

If you are having a problem with Mosaic or any of NCSA's
products or documentation, you might try sending your
message to
mosaic@ncsa.uiuc.edu
You might also try the USENET newsgroup
comp.infosystems.www.users

If, on the other hand, you feel your message is relevant
to the www-talk mailing list, please replace the word
Mosaic with "NCSA-M" or "theMclient" or some such and
resend your message.

From "About NCSA Mosaic for the X Window System"
http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/SDG/Software/Mosaic/Docs/help-about.html

Problems or Comments

If you have problems or comments concerning NCSA Mosaic,
please first read the documentation
http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/SDG/Software/Mosaic/Docs/mosaic-docs.html
and the FAQ list
http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/SDG/Software/Mosaic/Docs/mosaic-faq.html
If they don't
answer your question or resolve your complaint, send your comments to
mosaic-x@ncsa.uiuc.edu. (You can also use the Mail Developers option
under the Help menu.)

Dan