Re: WAIS -> WWW Gateway and Titles

Kevin 'Kev' Hughes (kevinh@eit.COM)
Sat, 26 Feb 1994 05:25:33 --100

> From: mkrause@maestro.mitre.org (Mark Krause)
>
> Has anyone developed a WAIS to WWW gateway that will present a
> user-friendly title (i.e. the text between <TITLE> and </TITLE>)
> instead of the sometimes cryptic URL that is currently presented
> to the user?

I have; you can see the results at http://www.eit.com/.
Unfortunately I haven't released the code just yet (I want to check out
the new freeWAIS), and I want to add some new features (currently you
can specify different indexes/ports in the URL for the WAIS server,
so you can search multiple databases through it).
Also, I believe you can get a similar gateway that
Ari Luotonen at CERN wrote - it's somewhere on http://www.cern.ch/.
Aloha,

-- Kevin

--