Re: Forms suggestion

Kevin 'Kev' Hughes (kevinh@pulua.hcc.hawaii.edu)
Thu, 25 Nov 93 23:33:36 HST

Christian Neuss (neuss@igd.fhg.de) writes:

> done by supplying some attributes that are not visible in the HTML browser,
> but would create additional "name=value" pairs that are passed to the server.
> which would not be displayed in the browser, but be passed to the server
> just like the other fields.

I'd love to see this implemented too! I came across this problem
while putting together a neat forms hack, and only partially solved it by
making a SELECT menu with one option, it's rather ugly.
Also, what do people think of being able to make the ACTION
selectable, so a user can choose where to send a form? For instance,
something like:

<select name="menu">
<option action="http://ncsa.uiuc.edu/htbin/formd"> Send to NCSA
<option action="http://info.cern.ch/htbin/formd"> Send to CERN
</select>

I have the feeling this was brought up before...

-- Kevin