Re: Newsgroups

Joe Germuska (germuska@antioch.acns.nwu.edu)
Wed, 11 Aug 1993 10:20:02 -0500 (CDT)

Edward Vielmetti wrote:

> I would recommend that if the www group is to be changed the
> proper division is more like
> comp.infosystems.www
> comp.infosystems.www.programmer
> comp.infosystems.www.announce
> where "announce" is moderated news information where people talk
> about the latest and greatest stuff they have done on the net,
> "programmer" is roughly the current www-talk which discusses
> nitty gritty implementation details, and the current group
> is as it is now.
>
> For that matter the gopher group has needed an "announce" group
> for a while as well, would be useful to pick that off too;
> and an announce for the wais group.
>
> Alternatively there oculd be just
> comp.infosystems.announce

Whoops, just sent something to this effect to Nat Torkington because I
forgot to edit the headers...

I think a unified c.i.announce would probably be sufficient, since it's
moderated -- especially if all postings started with the name of the
infosys... I even alluded to being willing to moderate, although I don't
have time to write the new group proposal this week... but don't go writing
me into any proposals without at least warning me :-)

Joe

--
joe germuska | j-germuska@nwu.edu | (708) 869-0354 | ACNS Northwestern Univ.
       Instructional Technologies Group - Technical Support Services