URI agenda for Washington

Alan Emtage (bajan@bunyip.com)
Sat, 7 Nov 1992 13:33:53 -0500

This is a draft agenda for the newly created joint User Services/Applications
IETF WG on Uniform Resource Identifiers to meet in Washington week after
next. Please send any additions along for inclusion.

Attendees are reminded that this work will be performed in conjunction
with existing and newly created working groups (NIR, IIIR) and will
ultimately be placed on the Standards Track.

Please recirculate this agenda to groups having an interest in this
discussion.

Personal observation: this should be an "interesting" session :-)

IETF WG Uniform Resource Identifiers

Co-chairs: Peter Deutsch (peterd@bunyip.com)
Alan Emtage (bajan@bunyip.com)

1) Review of current charter making any changes deemed necessary for the
final version.

2) Review and discussion of Tim Berners-Lee's (timbl@nxoc01.cern.ch)
document on Uniform Resource Locators. [Note: Tim's announcement for
this document is included at the end of this message].

3) Discussion of other components of a full URI.
- The concept of what a URI looks like has been greatly expanded
past URI = URL + USRN with recent discussions.
- What components make up a URI
- A lot of work is being done in the Library community and the
last thing we need is another standards conflagration. What
lines of communication should be established ?
- Which parts can be tackled now, which should be put off until
later? What kind of timetable are we looking at ?
- Can bodies be assigned to draw up the additional architecture?
Who ?

4) Other business

-Alan

Document Availability: