CSS draft v4 and Arena

Hakon Lie (Hakon.Lie@sophia.inria.fr)
Tue, 24 Oct 1995 11:44:13 +0100

Mike Batchelor writes:

> Which portions of draft 4 are implemented in Arena 0.98e?
>
> I can get the older .97 style sheet to work, but not a css draft 4 style
> sheet.

Correct. 0.98 (which is now available for major platforms) still use
the CSS draft 3 syntax. We're in the process of generating a draft 5
parser based on the yacc/lex specification which will be included
there. The draft 5 spec should be out within a week. In addition to
changes based on discussions on this list we plan one important change
in syntax:

H1 { font-family: helvetica }

Using a colon instead of an equal sign will often save one byte, looks
better on the screen (?) and conveys better that the assignement may
not be granted. Correspondingly, assignments will be renamed
"declarations" in draft 5. Comments?

Regards,

-h&kon

http://www.w3.org/hypertext/WWW/People/howcome/