hypertext workshop

Kathryn E Cramer (kec@world.std.com)
Wed, 20 Jul 1994 17:20:35 -0400 (EDT)

Thought people might like to know about this.

Kathryn

<> Kathryn Cramer home: (617) 969-4558 <>
<> c/o Flinn Eastgate Systems: 924-9044, <>
<> 525 California St. (800) 562-1638 <>
<> Newton, MA 02160 <>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 1994 13:57:56 -0400
From:Eastgate@world.std.com
To: kec@world.std.com

BEYOND THE ELECTRONIC BOOK: A ONE DAY WORKSHOP FOR SERIOUS HYPERTEXT

September 10, 1994
Boston, MA

Eastgate Systems invites you to join us for a provocative one-day hypertext
event. Join leading hypertext writers, editors, and designers in charting the
frontiers of hypermedia, exploring how hypertext will redefine and extend
serious writing while preserving the essential values of literacy.

Whether you read, write, or publish hypertext, or if you simply want
to learn more about hypertext and the future of interactive media,
this workshop will provide you with thoughtful, up-to-date and
practical information, as well as plenty of food for thought (not to
mention lunch). And in keeping with the hands-on spirit of the
technology, we'll provide you with a selection of fine hypertexts.

We do not believe the future of electronic publishing lies in games and
product tie-ins. Come help us redefine the book!

SCHEDULED SPEAKERS

Writing Over The Edge: Hypertext and the Literary Avante-Garde
George P. Landow, Brown University

Revenge of the Androids: Hypermedia and the Transformation of Publishing
Kathryn Cramer, Eastgate Systems, Inc.

Standards Meet Reality: SGML, HyTime, and the World-Wide Web
David Durand, Boston University

Managing Drama and Tension for Effective Hypertext
Mark Bernstein, Eastgate Systems, Inc.

Engaging the Reader: Retooling Hypertext Nonfiction
Diane Greco, Eastgate Systems, Inc.

On the Frontier: Hypermedia, The Net, and Enterprise-Wide Publishing
Philip Werner, Interleaf

HYPERMEDIA CLINIC

DETAILS