Re: Bug in netscape

Chin Chee-Kai (
Sat, 7 Oct 1995 09:13:04 +0800 (SST)

On Fri, 6 Oct 1995, Srivastava Nandini wrote:
> Is there a bug in netscape1.1 ? It has been observed a lot of times that
> it i am on a page and click more than once on the back button the browser
> vanishes from the screen giving the very familiar message
> segmentation fault core dumped

Somewhat related to this is a "crash-netscape-1.1" page that I've
accidentally come up with while twiddling with some tags. The
page is at
and never fails to crash Netscape 1.1 with GPF or SegFault if you
launch it and open URL to this location. Was quite amusing when
I first discovered it. :)

Anyway, the new version (1.2 I think) is quite immune to this
crash file. If you open to this URL and your Netscape crashes,
I suggest you buy or download the newer version.

Just my 2 cents.

Chin Chee-Kai (Last, First)
Tel: 65-7749-167 Fax: 65-7795-234