Re: HTML Strippers

Chua Jen Chian (isc40021@leonis.nus.sg)
Thu, 27 Apr 1995 07:20:07 +0500

On Wed, 26 Apr 1995, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Apr 1995, Robert A. Mesa wrote:
> > Is there a utility to strip away HTML tags. Yes I know, WHY? I've been task
> > to do such a thing at work. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
>
> lynx -dump

When I save a document under Netscape 'Save as', it adds the HTML tags
too. Even trying to save under a different file extension would not help.
I thought that would be a good feature to add, specifying a file
extension of .htm would include the tags and any others would strip off
the tags. Maybe, the next version of Netscape can include this. In the
interim, is there any work around within Netscape?

Richard Chua
Compuer Science Undergraduate
National University of Singapore