Re: Perl

www-html@www10.w3.org
Mon, 3 Apr 95 18:35:18 PDT

*First* check out:

Mcom's How To Create Web Services page (in their Netscape Help
directory)
http://home.mcom.com/home/how-to-create-web-services.html

select "WWW Development"
http://www.charm.net/~web/Vlib.html

*then,* from that list, select:

Providers, Perl
http://WWW.Stars.com/Vlib/Providers/Perl.html

...and you will find many examples, discussions, manuals and FAQs for Perl.
Read the FAQ.

If you want some good books, look to O'Reily and Associates (ora.com) for
both 'Learning Perl' [aka, the Llama Book] (the one first-timers should
get) or 'Programming Perl' [aka, the Camel Book.]

Handling forms is actually a GGI operation that may or may not require a
Perl script to do it. Also from the WWW Development list mentioned above,
select:

Providers, CGI
http://WWW.Stars.com/Vlib/Providers/CGI.html

You may also want to check out:

http://hoohoo.ncsa.uiuc.edu/cgi/forms.html

At 4:08 AM 4/3/95, Justin Drew wrote:
>I want to write scripts to take in information from people browsing, I think
>i need to learn Perl. Is this true, and are there any good books out there
>that anyone recommends.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Justin
>Justin Drew MediTech Media
>postmaster voice: +44 171 240 8452

Ray Doeksen
Doeksen Design + Consulting
rdoeksen@design.chi.il.us
http://www.interaccess.com/rdoeksen/
Internet and World Wide Web consulting
Technology consulting for creatives
Industrial, Interface and Graphic Design