Problems with www-html & www-talk mailing lists

Patrick R. Michaud (
Sat, 11 Mar 1995 15:47:15 +0500

My apologies in advance for this post. Several people (including myself)
seem to be having trouble with the list processor at A recent
post to www-html says:

>From Sat Mar 11 12:46:57 1995
>Date: Sat, 11 Mar 1995 13:31:54 +0500
>From: (R Thiel)
>To: Multiple recipients of list <>

<> then describes problems with unsubscribing from
www-html. I'm having similar trouble subscribing to www-html. Note
particularly that the X-Comment line does _not_ work. I wrote
email to the "Errors-To:" address <> above and
received back:

>From Sat Mar 11 14:11:15 1995
>Date: Sat, 11 Mar 1995 15:11:08 +0500
>From: (Mail Delivery Subsystem)
>Subject: Returned mail: unknown mailer error 13
>To: <>
> ----- Transcript of session follows -----
>Can't open any file: Permission denied
>subject = Errors in
>return =
>lastreturn =
>554 "|/home/macarthr/"... unknown mailer error 13

Can someone get in touch with the appropriate parties and/or let us know
what's going on? Again, my apologies for cluttering this list.

Dr. Patrick R. Michaud, Assistant Professor
Department of Computing and Mathematical Sciences
Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
6300 Ocean Drive, Corpus Christi TX 78412
email: voice: 512-994-2751 fax: 512-994-2715