HTML Codes - Is There Perhaps An RFC For These

Dan Connolly (connolly@w3.org)
Mon, 6 Mar 1995 22:28:20 +0500

Mike Stemmler writes:
> I am wondering if there is, perhaps, an RFC for the HTML 1.0, HTML 2.0 and
> the upcoming HTML 3.0 codes? Or are these just maintained by the W3 people?
> Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

There was an internet draft for HTML 1.0, but it has long since expired.

For 2.0, see there is a current draft, which is in the final
stages of becoming a standards track RFC. See:

"IETF - HyperText Markup Language (HTML) Working Group"
ftp://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/html/index.html
or
http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/html/index.html

Also, keep an eye on the traditional HTML page:

http://www.w3.org/hypertext/WWW/MarkUp/MarkUp.html

I haven't updated it yet, but I will soon.

For 3.0, see (temporarily):

http://www.hpl.hp.co.uk/people/dsr/html/CoverPage.html

Note that Dave Ragget maintains that document, not me.

Dan