GIF announcement from CompuServe

neuss@igd.fhg.de
Mon, 9 Jan 1995 21:32:58 +0100

Friends,

Alex Hopmann writes:
> I can go on at much more length about the details of all this stuff, but my
> conclusion is that GIF is gone as a standard image format. All of my
> information comes from official documents posted by CompuServe on their own
> service.

Maybe as a result server administrators will configure their server in
such a way that connections to compuserve addresses are denied (this is
fairly easy). Thus, Compu$erve can be kept from making money by selling
access to WWW - when at the same time they screw with Web developers
and users through such an incredible move. Grrr.

Rgds,
Chris

---
"I ride tandem with a random.."
Christian Neuss   # Fraunhofer Institute for Computer Graphics
Wilhelminenstr.7  #  64283 Darmstadt # Germany
e-mail: neuss@igd.fhg.de  http://www.igd.fhg.de/~neuss/me.html