Re: Volunteer to provide HTML 2.0 spec by FTP/mail?

Daniel W. Connolly (connolly@hal.com)
Wed, 15 Jun 1994 15:57:18 -0500

I had several volunteers. Thanks. Each one wrote something like:

>Please let me know what you require, and I will do so.

Here's the deal: Each time I update the spec, I'll send mail to
www-html@info.cerh.ch.

At that point, you grab:

http://www.hal.com/%7Econnolly/html-spec/HTML.txt
http://www.hal.com/%7Econnolly/html-spec/HTML.ps.Z
http://www.hal.com/%7Econnolly/html-spec/html-spec.tar.gz

and put them on your server. I'd prefer that folks be able to
distinguish the release date from the name, for example:

HTML-19940613.txt

but whatever keeps the customers happy is fine by me.

Then you send a message to www-html, comp.infosystems.www.misc, etc.
announcing the availability of copies of the spec. (PLEASE INCLUDE THE
RELEASE DATE ALL OVER THE PLACE, as this thing is still changing
somewhat rapidly.)

The more copies the merrier, as far as I'm concerned, as long as each
is clearly labelled with the release date.

Dan